Saturday, January 29, 2011

FZR600 Progress

Drilled the triple clamp bolts for safety wire along with the brake caliper bolts. I mounted the R6 front calipers to the freshly rebuilt and modded shocks and safety wired those. Also got the R6 Nissin master cyl. mounted with new adjustable brake lever. Mounted the newly powdercoated fairing bracked and the front fairing with new Zero Gravity double-bubble windscreen. I have new YZF600 mirrors to mount, along with a steering damper and tarozzi fork brace that should show up next week.









FZR600 Progress

I had a new front Bridgestone Battlax tire mounted last week, so today I replaced the wheel bearings and seals with all-balls units.



Monday, January 24, 2011

FZR600 Gauges

Now that I'm back from NZ I'm full swing into getting my fizzer sorted for spring. Big thanks to kit at http://dropbarscinder.blogspot.com/ for doing the artwork on the gauge faces for me. I scanned the original faces and sent them to him. He used the scanned version to create a set of scalable Ducati style gauge faces. They came out perfectly, and I had a local sign shop I deal with print them out on a satin finish white vinyl. I never liked the look of the factory clocks, especially the cluttered looking speedo. The back lighting on the gauges was obviously late 80's technology, as they were barely readable at night. I got some thin 12v LED strips and am installing them around the perimeter of each gauge. Test shot below, lots of fiddling to do but the concept is solid.

The style I Wanted:

Original Gauge Setup (google photo): 

 Revised.






More to come.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

FZR600









Took the front end apart today and cleaned out the fork internals, replaced the seals with all-balls seals, and added racetech fork springs along with fresh 15wt oil. All back together with some light surface rust removed. Next up is R6 brakes and braided lines. I also have fresh front rubber on the way.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...